6 Proven Tips To Look After Your Teeth
There are so many reasons to keep your teeth healthy. Unhealthy teeth can result in many other health issues like gum disease, heart problems, rheumatoid arthritis and more. Healthy teeth mean no diseases but sparkling smile all the time.
So, if you want to keep your teeth strong and prevent gum diseases, then get ready to follow the below tips. These smart tips can even help you avoid your frequent visit to the dentist.
Tips To Keep Your Teeth Healthy
- Brush your teeth at least twice in a day. Use the toothbrush with a small head to get better access to back teeth.
- Utilize the fluoridated toothpaste as this helps to harden the tooth enamel and reduces the risk of decay. Make sure when brushing your teeth, take two to three minutes using a slow and gentle sawing motion.
- Limit the acid drinks, including cordials and soft drinks as these can soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamels which lead to holes.
- Reduces the use of sugary foods because the bacteria in the dental plaque can convert sugar into acids.
- Don’t use your teeth to crack the nuts, remove bottle tops and rip open packaging that can result in breaking your teeth.
- Once in six months, arrange your visit to the dentist for the thorough checkup of your mouth.
At King Street Dental Centre, we provide dental care services in Waterloo & Kitchener. It is advisable to follow all tips mentioned above to keep your teeth healthy. If you need professionals’ help, call our dentists to request an appointment.